王亚宗 | 教授
纳米材料研究所 2018-11-15 11:25 已被浏览 3223 次
Patent Innovation Alliance Fund (PAIF) – CTO & Head of East China (2015-Present)Shanghai
· As CTO, established technology reserve and identified customer technology and patent needs.
· As Head of East China, led the local team and completed investment deals in semiconductor chip design and non-invasive controlled drug release device startups.
Intellectual Ventures (IV) – Director (2007-2014)Beijing
· As a founding team member for IV China, studied and pioneered business models uniquely suited for IP collaboration with Chinese universities, research institutes and enterprises.
· Led the China physical science and healthcare teams and responsible for half of IDF global physical science teams.
· By leading the team to actively work with inventors, successfully built an extensive inventor network and significantly elevated invention quality.
JW Scientific – Managing Director (1999-2006)Shanghai/California
· Advised venture capital and private equity investors on technical merits of potential investments in areas including medical device, nano technology, chemical engineering, and intellectual properties.
· Provided creative scientific and engineering solutions to various industries exemplified as follows:
· Developed an optical surface treatment process that the client’s existing vendor with 20 years of experience was unable to develop, enabling the client to generate multimillion dollar revenues.
· Formulated an ink that allowed a 3-D printer to print 3-dimensinal objects with enhanced strengths.
· Developed and marketed novel index-matching resins for windshield and glass repairs that leave virtually no marks.
· Improved fabrication method on a tubular corneal ring that offers easy power adjustment after refractive surgery.
· Invented a photo-curing process for ultra-thick polymer layers to encapsulate silicon solar chips, and designed an automated production line, resulting 10x performance with reduced processing time and power consumption.
· Developed light curable adhesives that bond instantly and are stronger than glass. These adhesives are widely accepted in furniture, crystal and decoration businesses.
· Formulated anti-fog and water-repellent coatings for glass, mirror, and windshield applications with low cost materials while preserving high performance.
· Invented microwave heated ice cream scoops and microwave plate warmers.
Pfizer (Formerly Pharmacia) – Sr. Scientist & Project Manager (1991-1998)Irvine, CA
· Invented shape memory materials and processes that allowed large implants to go through small incisions – good for minimally invasive surgeries such as the third generation intraocular lenses.
· Developed an impermeable packaging and its sterilization method that suit the special needs for hydrogel implants.
· Managed R&D projects in smart materials for surgical implants and drug delivery applications.
· Received the Pharmacia President’s Award for innovation and dedication.
MIT – Post-doctoral Research Fellow (1991)Cambridge, MA
· Developed non-linear optical materials made from conjugated polymers.
· Consulted for companies on organic conductive connectors and antistatic lenses.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1991). Ph.D., Polymer ScienceCambridge, MA
University of Science and Technology of China (1987). B.S., Applied Chemistry Hefei, China
Patents & PUBLICATIONS
· 50+ patents and patent applications; 6 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles.